Micro-needling/ vampire facial/ collagen induction therapy
is based on the use of tiny needles to create micro channels (tiny holes) in the skin. The process stimulates your skin’s natural ability to heal itself and in the process produces collagen and elastin. This repair process begins almost immediately and results in a thicker dermis and softened wrinkles or scars.'
OMG! This is my FAVORITE!!!! This treatment 'fixes' everything from wrinkles to scars NATURALLY! No more Botox! The results last for years making it cheaper than anything else you can do for your skin. I can even treat the backs of your hands and stretch marks!
I am SO passionate about this treatment, I could go on for hours about the benefits and outstanding results. I'll save you from that. Instead, just google micro-needling before and after pictures. The pictures will make your jaw drop. I guarantee I'll see you soon : )
Lash Out Loud Micro Needling Pre and Post Care
Contraindications include: pregnancy, actively infected or significantly inflamed skin in the area/s of treatment and/or presence of any chronic infectious blood borne disease, such as HIV / AIDS or hepatitis. Other or relative contraindications include: any reason to be prone to significant bruising, infection or poor healing. Alternatives to micro needling include peels and lasers. Risks include, but are not limited to: temporary needle marks, redness, swelling, bruising, itching / pain, discolorations and/or scarring.
1. Sun exposure and/or usage of a tanning bed, including self-tanning products must be avoided for a minimum of 24 hours before and after the treatment, and preferably for 1 week to minimize risk of post-treatment temporary dyspigmentation (darkening or lightening of the skin). A micro needling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
2. Bruising is an uncommon possibility with needling. Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications (i.e. ibuprofen), blood thinners, herbal supplements, vitamin E and fish oil for at least one week prior to and the day of micro needling to minimize bruising risk. You may restart these the day following micro needling. Any bruising that may occur may be covered with makeup as needed.
3. Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. Please wash off completely prior to treatment.
4. Accutane should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to and during any course of receiving treatment.
5. Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac and similar retinoids should be avoided for 1 week prior and after treatment until well healed.
6. No area/s to be treated should receive any type of chemical or laser peel for 2 weeks prior and after treatment.
7. Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories should be avoided for 2 weeks prior and after treatment. Shaving is allowed immediately before treatment and 48-72 hours after treatment as long as there is no skin irritation.
8. Notify me of any tattoos, including cosmetic tattooing, in the area to be treated as tattoos are usually avoided.
9. If you have a history of cold sores, we I recommend prophylactic oral antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex or Famvir. If so, follow the directions of your prescription. (Usually, Famvir / Valtrex 500 mg orally twice daily for 7 days.)
10. During the course of your treatments, notify me of any relevant changes to your medical / health status.
1. A sunburn-like effect is normal for 1-3 days. Usually, you look and feel variably sunburned after the treatment. The skin may feel tight, dry, swollen, and sensitive to the touch. The treated area/s may darken and flake away within 1 week. Avoid picking or exfoliating the area and allow old / dry / dead skin to flake off naturally.
2. After Care Products and Regimen: After micro needling, I commonly apply collagen boosting PRP or hyaluronic acid serum. I may also apply a topical antibiotic ointment or other soothing / healing ointment (e.g. Aquafor, Vaniply) thereafter. Starting on the evening of the treatment, wash your face gently with a mild cleanser (e.g. Aquanil) twice daily followed by application of hyaluronic acid and/or Neocutis MPC containing Micro Serum / Creams (that nourishes new collagen) . Avoid makeup for at least 24 hours or up to a few days until relatively healed. You may return to your regular skin care routine when healed.
3. Sun exposure must be avoided until healed (i.e. any skin redness and/or flaking away of skin is no longer present). I recommend avoidance of the sun in all treated area/s, a protective hat and full spectrum sun block of SPF 30 or higher.
4. Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals, or non recommended products on the treated areas for at least 1 week.
5. Avoid exercise that causes sweating, Jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths if any skin inflammation exists.
6. Ice packs may be used if desired to minimize swelling.
7. Sleep on your back with your head elevated slightly to reduce swelling for up to the first several days, as needed.
8. For best results and efficacy, I recommend a series of 3 to 6 treatments administered at 4 week intervals. You may notice immediate as well as longer term improvements in your skin.